The dual degree in business and marketing requires four fewer courses than if each degree were earned separately. Students completing the dual degree will earn an MBA with a specialization in marketing and an MSM degree.
A maximum gap of one quarter is allowed between the completion of one program and the start of the other program.
|MBA Pre-Requisites 1|
|ISSCM 400N||Quantitative Methods I||0|
|ISSCM 402N||Quantitative Methods II - Statistics Primer||0|
|MBA Introductory Courses 1|
|ACCT 400||Financial Accounting for Business Decisions||3|
|ECON 420||Managerial Economics 2||3|
|FINC 450||Financial Management 3||3|
|SCMG 480||Intro to Operations Management||3|
|Required MBA Core Coursework|
|MARK 425N||Business Communication||1.5|
|MGMT 426N||Leadership Development||1.5|
|MARK 470N||Research, Insights and Storytelling||3|
|ISSCM 596N||Data Driven Decision Making||3|
|FINC 470N||Business Finance||3|
|MGMT 431N||Business Consulting Course||3|
|MGMT 441N||Business Ethics||3|
|MGMT 441N||Business Ethics||3|
|or MGMT 446||International Business Ethics|
|or INFS 795||Ethics and Data Analytics|
|MS Marketing Core Coursework|
|MARK 460||Marketing Management||3|
|MARK 461||Research Methods in Marketing||3|
|MARK 464||Integrated Marketing Communication||3|
|MARK 465||International Marketing||3|
|MARK 467||Consumer Behavior||3|
|MARK 468||Digital Marketing||3|
|MBA or MSM Electives||6|
|Students may choose MBA courses or MSM coursework from the following three tracks: Integrated Marketing Communications, Supply Chain Management, Digital Marketing|
May be waived.
Pre-Requisite: ISSCM 400N Quantitative Methods I
Co-Requisite: ACCT 400 Financial Accounting for Business Decisions
Dual Degree Programs
Students in dual degree programs are responsible for abiding by academic policies and graduation requirements of both academic units to which they are enrolled. It is strongly recommended that students schedule regular meetings with academic advisors from both units to ensure timely degree completion. Dual degree programs may have slightly different degree requirements from the standard for one or both of the degrees earned. Students should closely read through all degree requirements and ask for clarification as needed.
Learning Outcomes for the MBA
Learning Goals for Master of Business Administration Program (MBA)
- Goal 1: Integrative Business Knowledge: Graduates will be proficient in integrating the techniques, processes, and procedures of the fundamental business disciplines (accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, human resource management, operations management, and information technology). They will be able to apply theory, skills, and knowledge from these disciplines to business practice.
- Goal 2: Critical Decision Making: Graduates will demonstrate their capacity for critical analysis in processing, interpreting, and managing the quantitative and qualitative information necessary for effective managerial decision making.
- Goal 3: Ethics and Responsible Leadership: Graduates will understand how to be a leader in business who exhibits personal integrity, ethical awareness, and an ability to apply ethical principles to business practice.
- Goal 4: Global Perspective and Awareness of Diversity: Graduates will have a global perspective by recognizing international business issues and appreciating diversity, including culture, race, religion, and gender.
- Goal 5: Communication: Graduates will be able to communicate effectively, orally. Graduates will be able to communicate effectively, in writing.
Learning Outcomes for the MSM
As a Quinlan MSM student, you will:
- Develop the creative and strategic skills you need to lead and innovate in the diverse, digital, and dynamic field of marketing
- Learn marketing strategies that deliver brand growth and a competitive advantage in a time of sweeping economic, environmental, and social change
- Gain the technical business skills that are essential in today’s global economy
- Learn to ask the questions that are important to humanity as you harness the power of marketing to promote positive social change
You will also build a strong foundation in:
- Marketing finance
- Strategic planning
- Brand leadership
- Digital and social content development
- Leadership and ethics
- Database analytics
- Sustainable business leadership
- Global campaign development