2023-2024 CATALOG

The Academic Catalog is the official listing of courses, programs of study, academic policies and degree requirements for Loyola University Chicago. It is published every year in advance of the next academic year.

Post-MSW Professional Educator License: School Social Worker Endorsement

This program is for graduates with a MSW degree from an accredited School of Social Work that are seeking to obtain a Professional Educator License (PEL) with a School Social Work endorsement.


Application materials are due by April 1st.

Application Requirements

We accept applications to the post-MSW Professional Educator License program for the Summer term only, as you will be starting your coursework the summer prior to the start of your externship. You must submit:

  • A Completed Application Form
    You may submit your application form online, follow the application link: gpem.luc.edu/apply/
    Note: Students who have already applied to a graduate or professional program at Loyola University Chicago should fill out the reapplication form.
  • Two Letters of Recommendation
    If you supply your recommender's email address as part of your completed online application form, then your recommendation letters may be submitted online.