The B.A. in Management degree program offers adult learners training in critical skills, such as management principles, ethical leadership, critical thinking and strategic planning. The grounding in these principles elevates the impact our students have in their business environments and positions them to pursue new career opportunities in communications, community relations, and project management.
The B.A. in Management comprises 120 credit hours. Courses are offered in an 8 week session format with online, evening, and weekend options.
|Foundations of Organizations
|Accounting Principles and Application 1
|Marketing Concepts and Strategies 1
|Human Resources Principles & Practices
|Fundamentals of Statistics 1
|Law and Regulations for Organizational Leaders
|Computer Concepts and Applications
|Introduction to Communication
|Select one of the following:
|Strategic Communication Tools for Applied Psych
|Conflict Management and Communication
|Introduction to Degree Completion
|Civic Identity and Development
|The number of hours remaining toward Core requirements can vary due to transfer credit. 2
|Mission Specific Requirements
|Mission specific requirements can vary from 0 to 15 credit hours based on your prior credit.
|General Elective Requirements
|Students may have some general elective coursework to complete if their transfer credit and remaining required hours (Core, mission specific, major, etc.) do not total 120.
These courses are eligible for waiver to Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business M.B.A. program. Final approval of waivers are determined by a Quinlan academic advisor upon admission to the graduate program.
Core Requirements - Learn More
Suggested Sequence of Courses
The School of Continuing and Professional Studies provides a high-touch advising model in order to incorporate the professional and educational outcomes of the student as well as any transfer credit accepted. In order to provide students with maximum flexibility in their education and because everyone’s academic background will vary, advisors will work directly with students to determine an appropriate sequence of courses starting at admission into their respective program based on their needs and expected time to completion.
Additional Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
All Undergraduate students are required to complete the University Core, at least one Engaged Learning course, and UNIV 101. SCPS students are not required to take UNIV 101. Nursing students in the Accelerated BSN program are not required to take core or UNIV 101. You can find more information in the University Requirements area.
Upon degree completion, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective business communication in written narratives, memos, argumentative narratives, oral presentations, and collaborative documents.
- Develop productive team processes, team building, and leadership skills through self-assessment exercises, reflection activities, role playing and critical thinking assignments.
- Analyze organizational theory, structure, power dynamics and culture in persuasive written documents and oral presentations.
- Describe the basic components of an organization’s control structure and the role of accounting in an organization, through the analysis of organizational ﬁnancial statements.
- Creatively solve business problems as evidenced by project management simulations, strategic decision making, and quantitative analysis.
- Apply an understanding of law and regulation to business processes as evidenced by course assignments.